Creating breakable glass in L4D tutorial that breaks into pieces upon shooting it.
1. Build a space, window frame for your glass.
2. Create a brush with 'nodraw' texture into the window frame. Make it 2 units in depth.
3. Pull up the face edit sheet and select 'urban/glass03'
4. Apply this texture, 'urban/glass03' to a single face.
5. To receive proper reflections from your environment, place 'env_cubemap' in front of your glass.
6. When compiling, make sure you have HDR checked on. Otherwise you will have an error when trying to break the glass.
Here is what it will look like if you do not compile using HDR.
7. After compiling and when in game, you must build the cubemaps. Pull up your console and type in 'buildcubemaps' command.
It will run through your textures and kick you out to main screen. Pull up your console again and start your map by typing in 'map yourMapname'
All content on this website is copyrighted ©2008-2024 World of Level Design LLC. All rights reserved.
Duplication and distribution is illegal and strictly prohibited.
World of Level Design LLC is an independent company. World of Level Design website, its tutorials and products are not endorsed, sponsored or approved by any mentioned companies on this website in any way. All content is based on my own personal experimentation, experience and opinion. World of Level Design™ and 11 Day Level Design™ are trademarks of AlexG.
Template powered by w3.css