In the following tutorial I cover all the aspects needed in creating a map change within a L4D editor. Perfect when creating campaigns. The tutorial is lengthy and comes in 2 parts.
1. Entity tool and place a prop_door_rotating_checkpoint prop. Name it checkpoint_exit.
Also set body = 1 and spawn position = closed
2. Make sure the exit sign on the door and the lock hatch faces into the spawn position.
3. Insert info_landmark into your spawn room in your room, close to the ceiling.
4. Create a Safe House location.
Insert prop_door_rotating_checkpoint entity into the safe house's doorway.
5. Make sure the picture of the house on the door is facing out, away from the safe house room.
6. Place info_landmark and
7. Create a brush with no_draw texture on it and surround the inside of your safe house room with it.
Select the brush and press CNTRL+T. Tie to brush and set class to trigger_level_change.
New Map Name: your next map name that it will change to.
Landmark Name: landmark_B or the name of the landmark that is inside your Safe House.
All content on this website is copyrighted ©2008-2023 World of Level Design LLC by Alex Galuzin. All rights reserved.
Duplication and distribution is illegal and strictly prohibited.
World of Level Design LLC is an independent company. World of Level Design website, its tutorials and products are not endorsed, sponsored or approved by any mentioned companies on this website in any way. All content is based on my own personal experimentation, experience and opinion. World of Level Design™ and 11 Day Level Design™ are trademarks of Alex Galuzin.
Template powered by w3.css