Short video featuring level designer Brian Douglass from Quantum of Solace.
Video has been removed by original owner
Notes from the video:
- First stages of level design don't exist on the computer. You do it on paper, you do it in discussion, you get a basic concept to work with.
- From your concept you decide how can you make this fun.
- Outline it. Draw it. Very basic. Deciding how it will work with the gameplay for your game.
- Reference. Pay attention to reference.
- Next is laying down basic blocks. Constantly moving things around and redesigning. Keep it simple.
- After gameplay is established you start with details. Detailing the buildings, adding props, etc. Making the world come to life.
- Concentrate on immersion. Immersing the player and providing experience.